Ten Reasons to Take Vitamin Supplements

Back in my early 20’s and still in the United States Marine Corp, I did research on vitamins and their benefits. Since then, I never missed a day, well maybe just a few. I prioritized the importance of taking, at a minimum, a good, 100% pharmaceutical grade multivitamin and omega 3 which has tons of benefits. Even at that young age, I was realistic with my so called diet and knew there was no way I was feeding my body properly with food alone. That was almost 30 years ago.

I made it such a priority that I placed the supplements right next to the coffee machine to ensure I didn’t forget. As much as I did my research, I would admit that I consumed a lesser grade vitamin, a vitamin packed with fillers. For example, I would get a 50% benefit and the other 50% was garbage with no real benefit to my body. No wonder, I was getting a 6 month supply for $39. You get what you pay for and my health is important and so is yours. Herbalife’s multivitamin is 100% pharmaceutical grade and is what I should have been taking all along.
I must admit though, that I shake my head when working with someone who tells me they don’t take a multivitamin. If they only knew it would be nearly impossible to eat and absorb all the nutrients their body needs to run at peak performance.

Just because you eat healthy doesn’t mean you are absorbing all the vitamins and minerals that you ideally need. Define “eat healthy” because rarely any of us will eat everything we need in a day from the food pyramid. Just because you don’t indulge in junk food, doesn’t constitute a healthy eater. Healthy eating means eating a well balanced diet containing all the necessary nutrients from the food pyramid and keeping calories to a minimum.

Even if you are eating healthy, some vitamins are fat soluble and some are water soluble. For example, the group of B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are water soluble, meaning they dilute and will be passed by liquid means. You will not store any of these vitamins, therefore you will need to replenish them each day. As the body ages, it is important to maintain it by taking vitamins on a regular schedule. Vitamins can do so many wonderful, different things for your body.

Here are my top 10 reasons for taking vitamins:

#10    Vitamins are a preventative insurance policy
A multivitamin or multi-mineral supplement can fill in micro-nutrient gaps in your diet, giving you the nutrients needed to live in optimum health. This is like an insurance policy.

#9    Vitamins increase your energy level
Vitamins are involved in the release of energy from digested foods.  Strong, lasting energy levels are good indicators of healthy vitamin and mineral intake.

#8    Vitamins can help lower cholesterol
High blood cholesterol can be a serious problem. Your arteries begin to narrow and blood flow becomes restricted. Vitamins along with a heart – healthy diet can help you get back on track.

#7    Vitamins can induce wealth and hope
The first wealth is health. He who has health, has hope. He who has hope has everything.

#6    Vitamins can help you age gracefully
Vitamins have antioxidants which are believed to be effective in helping prevent cancer, heart disease, stroke and more. Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables and multivitaminssmelled as good as bacon.

#5    Vitamins will help your body resist malfunction
A vitamin deficiency will cause a body part to malfunction and eventually breakdown, and like domino, other body parts will follow.

#4    Vitamins expand your intelligence
Brain function, the ability to concentrate and memory require proper  vitamins and mineral levels.

#3    Vitamins enhance your appearance
Skin clearness and tone; hair strength, thickness and color; fingernail strength, color and texture all depend on vitamins and minerals. Ever see a 50 year old who looks 30? How about the 30 year old who looks 50? Did you think lifestyle and healthy eating, or non-healthy eating, played a role? You bet it does.

#2    Vitamins build your immune system
Illness and disease are not “caught.” One doesn’t catch cancer or heart disease. You create or hasten these ailments with deficiencies based on what you eat or don’t eat.
And my number one reason why you should take vitamins …

#1    It’s no doubt , the best thing you can do for yourself
Take a proactive step. Include a 100% pharmaceutical grade Herbalife multivitamin to help maintain and boost good health and wellness.

In closing, I help people put together a realistic strategy to lose weight, gain energy and address a lot of other issues. Herbalife offers tons of supplements designed to do many things. I personally take over 10 supplements daily and what a difference! I even have been able to structure it where I am not even paying for them, as I used to spend so much money on sodas and processed foods. I have virtually eliminated them from my diet and use the money saved to feed my body properly.

I would love to get feedback with your thoughts. Build the basement first, not the roof. It starts with a great multivitamin and an omega 3 for your heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Fiber. To Take or Not to Take. That is the Question.

Change Fat Storage to Fat Burning

Processed Food: The Good, Bad & Ugly